Position Posting: 11/18/18
Posted until filled
Position: Deli Clerk
Hours: 28-35 hours a week
Schedule: 3-5 days/week
Must be available late evenings, early mornings, and weekends
Status: Regular; hourly
Pay scale: $11.00/hr.
Benefits: Paid time off (PTO); 80% employer paid healthcare benefit, employee discount
Provide written notification of interest to:
Chris and firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: Deli Clerks are responsible for production and safe handling of food, maintaining department cleanliness, and providing excellent customer service to customers/members, coworkers, and vendors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining Los Alamos Co+op standards, solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of customer service;
- Respond promptly and courteously to all customer questions and complaints and work hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions;
- Maintain working knowledge of items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customers.
- Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy;
- Stocks, rotates, prepares product according to department procedure;
- Maintain back-stock areas according to departmental standards, separate special orders, updates and files paperwork;
- Ensure department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met;
- Follow all Health Department regulations;
- Keep deli manager informed of any problems and/or ideas;
- Participate in team, staff, and other meetings as scheduled;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
Job Requirements and Competencies:
- Fun to work with and willing to learn.
- Knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide excellent, professional customer service.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.