The Los Alamos Cooperative Market is growing fast. We are in need of:
Hours: Part Time
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday evenings.
Pay scale: $11.00 to $14.00/hr
Benefits: Paid time off (PTO); employee discount
Job Summary: The produce clerk will maintain a working knowledge of produce items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customers. Produce Clerks are responsible for assistance with receiving, stocking and display of produce, maintaining department cleanliness, and providing excellent customer service to customers/members, coworkers, and vendors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining Los Alamos Co+op standards, solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of customer service;
- Respond promptly and courteously to all customer questions and complaints and work hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions;
- Maintain working knowledge of produce items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customers.
- Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy;
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure;
- Maintain back-stock areas according to departmental standards, separate special orders, updates, and files paperwork;
- Ensure department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met;
- Follow all Health Department regulations;
- Keep produce manager informed of any problems and/or ideas;
- Participate in team, staff, OBM, and other meetings as scheduled;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Competencies:
- Experience and comfort handling fresh vegetables;
- Knowledge of proper food handling procedures;
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide excellent, professional customer service;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs