Position Posting: 2/6/2018
(Posted until we find the right person)
Position: Outreach Coordinator
Hours: Part Time (20-28 hours/week)
Schedule: 2-4 days/week
Pay scale: $14.00 to $20.00/hr
Benefits: Paid time off (PTO)
Job Description: See below
Provide written notification of interest directly to
Tim Morrison or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Under direction of the GM, coordinates, develops and executes membership and volunteer meetings, member benefits and volunteer programs. Participates in store promotional events. Runs Co-op participation in community events, and coordinates member volunteer programs.
External: Frequent contact with members and volunteers. Frequent contact with charity organizations, vendors, customers and members. Frequent contact with local business people.
Frequent contact with production specialists and industry experts.
Internal: Daily contact with General Manager and Dept. Managers.
Routine contact with accounting department. Daily contact with staff regarding member issues. Participation in committees and staff meetings. Periodic contact with BOD regarding member meetings.
- Strong ability to coordinate and organize multiple people, groups, and organizations.
- Designing outreach campaigns for print & radio, print design and production skills, editorial, writing and layout skills, experience creating and administering budgets desired.
- 1 year experience in community project organization/ coordination preferred.
- Organizational skills; ability to utilize budget effectively; ability to work with all management and staff to obtain store-wide participation in store outreach endeavors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow-through skills/abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Volunteer coordination: Plan and create volunteer programs with the help of Senior Leadership Team to ensure viability of the Co-op.
Events: Concept, planning and organizing monthly volunteer schedules and major annual events.
Print: Design of print outreach campaigns for local publications, in-store signage, bag-stuffers, brochures, direct- mail, etc.
Radio: Writing, production, and scheduling of radio advertising campaigns.
Public Relations and Press Kits: Reaching all local media with press releases of major events and food industry education for editorial and Public Relations exposure.
- Develop volunteer programs.
- Maintain a list of volunteers.
- Track member participation hours and issue volunteer discount cards.
- Coordinate membership meetings as needed by the GM and the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate publicity for each meeting.
New Member Benefits
- Develop new member programs
- Publicize new programs
- Other member-related work as needed by the Co-op.
- Utilize community resources for member’s benefit and volunteer resources for the community’s benefit
- Work with staff and Board of Directors to coordinate special events.
- Ensure and coordinate publication on a monthly basis.
- Writes articles for outreach/volunteering as needed.
- Utilize volunteer programs and outreach to achieve Ends policy number 2: Be a cornerstone of the community through outreach and education.
- Assist in other departments when appropriate, without compromising your own responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.