Position: Front End Coordinator
Hours: Full Time (<=35 hours/week)
Schedule: 4-5 days/week
Must be available during store hours
(7:00 am to 9:00 pm)
Pay scale: $13.25 to $16.00/hr
Benefits: Paid time off (PTO); employee discount; 30% Employee-paid Healthcare
Job Title: Front End Coordinator (FEC)
Dept: Front End
Accountability: Frontend Manager
Job Summary: Ensure daily operation, maintenance, and security of the front end. Provide supervision and direction to Front End personnel in accordance with Los Alamos Co-op policies and procedures during FEC shift. Perform opening and closing Front End duties. Provide regular information to Lead FEC about personnel, supervisory, maintenance, security and customer service issues.
External: Routine contacts with repair and maintenance personnel. Daily interaction with regular customers and weekly deposits.
Internal: Interaction with General Manager, department managers, Front End staff, Accounting department and the IT vendor(s). Attend mandatory meetings.
- One (1) year cashiering experience or the equivalent
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent task completion skills
- Ability to monitor/perform/and be accountable for numerous tasks simultaneously
- Professional verbal and/or written communication skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor attendance and tardiness compliance in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement the training of cashiers.
- Communicate to department personnel through department journals and team meetings as needed.
- Provide input on department personnel evaluations and promotion decisions.
- Follow all opening and closing procedures according to the documents titled “Opening FEC Procedures” and “Closing FEC Procedures” as well as a provided checklist.
- Assist customers with product information and special requests.
- Process returns and resolve complaints in accordance with Co-op policies and procedures.
- Be able to explain the many benefits of Co-op membership.
- Utilize professional and courteous telephone etiquette.
- Advise Human Resources, and General Manager about membership, customer, and staff personnel issues as they occur.
- Order and maintain records of all front- end supplies, equipment, and equipment maintenance as assigned by the Lead FEC.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of fixtures, surfaces, and equipment utilized in the Front End Department, including cash registers, counters, shopping baskets and carts, and displays in the vicinity of the register counters.
- Be responsible for locking and alarming the store as needed.
- Assist other departments without compromising your own responsibilities.
- Assign front-end staff to assist other departments when the front is slow, and send front-end staff home when business is slow following established procedures.
- Encourage recycling throughout the store and community.
- Other duties as assigned.