Position: Part-time Cashier
Benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO) and the employee discount
Reports to: Front End Manager
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Maintain the front end of the store by cleaning registers, windows, floors, sidewalks, and parking lot to provide a welcoming environment to the customers.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items. Maintain shelf conditions.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Assist with duties in other areas of the store, such as bagging and carrying out customers’ items.
- Sort and wrap currency and coins.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Weigh items sold by weight to determine prices.
- Greet customers entering the establishment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience: Retail experience highly desirable.
Computer Skills: Cash register experience strongly preferred. Computer and produce scanner experience preferred.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
|Physical DemandsStand||C||Lift/Carry10 lbs or less||C|
|Manually Manipulate||C||21-50 lbs||O|
|Reach Above Shoulder Climb||F||Push/Pull12 lbs or less||C|
|Squat or Kneel||O||13-25 lbs||C|
Grocery store environment.
Please send a resume or completed application to Front End Manager, Isaiah, at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring into the store.