Hours: Part Time (about 20 hours)
Schedule: 2 days/week. Must be available evenings.
Pay scale: $11.00 to $14.00/hr.
Benefits: Paid time off (PTO); 80% paid Healthcare; staff discount
Job Description: Produce Clerks are responsible for assisting with the receiving, stocking and displaying of produce. Produce clerks must also maintain department cleanliness and provide excellent customer service to customers/members, coworkers, and vendors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every single customer, maintaining Los Alamos Co+op standards, solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of customer service;
- Respond promptly and courteously to all customer questions and complaints and work hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interaction;
- Maintain working knowledge of items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customers;
- Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy;
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to departments procedure;
- Maintain back-stock areas according to departmental standards, separate special orders, updates, and files paperwork;
- Ensure department sanitation, cleanliness, and safety standards are met;
- Follow all health department regulations;
- Keep produce manager informed of any problems and/or ideas;
- Participate in team, staff, OBM, and other meetings as scheduled;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Competencies:
1. Experience and comfort handling fresh vegetables;
2. Knowledge of proper food handling procedures;
3. Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
4. Ability to provide excellent, professional customer service;
5. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please, address written notification of interest to Chelsea at email@example.com