An important COVID-19 announcement
We know that you are concerned. All of us here at the Los Alamos Co-op Market understand that extra precautions must be made in light of the recent COVID-19 outbreak. We will continue caring for the health of our customers and staff as we have always done while increasing our standard procedures and implementing additional safety measures. We will continue monitoring the situation and respond as necessary. To date, we have taken the following precautionary measures:
- Increasing our regular cleaning and sanitizing schedules throughout the store, with extra attention to frequent touch-points.
- We have also added a Facilities Department to our store. The Facilities department is in charge of our rigorous cleaning schedules and staffing and planning accordingly for each hour of every day.
- We have installed safety screens between our registers and check-out lines to keep everyone safe.
- We provide our staff with masks, bandanas, and the most up-to-date safety guidelines as recommended by the CDC and other health officials.
- Discontinuing all passive product demos.
- All hot bar items can now be ordered from the deli to reduce customer contact. The salad bar is also completely prepackaged.
- We have shut down our café area.
- Gloves and
sanitizerare located throughout the store. We encourage all customers to use these precautionary measures while shopping.
- Many of our employees are already Food Handler certified and trained on food safety issues to maintain a food-safe environment. Co-op employees who are not Food Handler certified do not have contact with our scratch-made deli food.
- Regular communication with our staff to make sure that everyone who is working is healthy and encouraging our employees to use their paid time off and stay home and recover to reduce the spread of illness.
We will be here to serve the community through this epidemic and keep our customers updated of any changes as they occur. We are working hard to foresee and accommodate for the sudden high-demands for products. Know that we are doing everything we can to bring you the safest food to keep our people healthy and safe. Finally, we ask that our customers partner with us to reduce the spread of illness by taking safety measures at home and when out in public. Let’s stick together through these trying times to keep each other safe and healthy.
The internet is full of misinformation. One of the best things that we all can do is to stay informed with accurate information:
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- The Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- The World Health Organization Mythbusters Page
Order your bulk through us.
- Bulk items can be ordered in 25-50lb bags.
- If you are a member, your bulk discount is 18% off.
We are still taking special orders!
- Special orders are being filled based on product availability.
- Most store products can be special ordered by the case.
- If you are a member, your special-order discount is 18% off. Everyone else receives a 9% discount on all special orders.
- Curb side pick-up will be available by mid-week next week (this week of the 23rd). Stay tuned for more informaiton on this!