By Produce Manager Chelsea McCormick
Jicama is a versatile vegetable. Starchy, crunchy, and juicy, Jicama can be used in a multitude of recipes adding both taste and texture to a dish. Thinly cut and serve it raw on salads, chop it and add it to salsa, slice, season and bake as a healthy substitute for French fries, or combine it with fruit as in the recipe below.
Jicama and Tropical Fruit Salad
- 8oz (2 cups) Jicama, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- 6oz Mango (1 cup) peeled and roughly chopped
- 6oz Pineapple (1 cup) fresh or canned and roughly chopped
- 4 kiwis peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp honey
Toss all ingredients in a bowl, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.