Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Deli Manager
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Early Mornings, evening, and weekends
Deli Cooks are responsible for the production and safe handling of food for the Co-op hot bar and cold case. Each day, Deli Cooks make a series of recipes, as assigned, from breakfast burritos to lunch and dinner specials. Deli Cooks must be able to multitask and work on a tight schedule to get food out on time. Deli Cooks must be comfortable making decisions and working independently. Deli Cooks are also responsible for maintaining department cleanliness, and providing excellent customer service to customers/members, coworkers, and vendors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Work in a kitchen environment, properly handling and working with meat, produce, heat, and kitchen tools;
- Ability to follow recipes and directions;
- Maintain working knowledge of items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and working comfortably and creatively with meat and produce;
- Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy;
- Stocks, rotates, prepares product according to department procedure;
- Maintain back-stock areas according to departmental standards, separate special orders, updates, and files paperwork;
- Ensure department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met;
- Follow all Health Department regulations;
- Keep deli manager informed of any problems and/or ideas;
- Participate in team, staff, and other meetings as scheduled;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Someone with an interest in cooking preferred. Training will be provided for this position.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
|Physical DemandsStand||C||Lift/Carry10 lbs or less||C|
|Manually Manipulate||F||51-100 lbs||O|
|Reach Outward||C||Over 100 lbs||O|
|Reach Above Shoulder||F|
|Climb Crawl||O||Push/Pull12 lbs or less||C|
|Squat or Kneel||F||13-25 lbs||C|
To apply for this job, email your application or resume to Chris at email@example.com.