Front Deli Team Member
Department: Deli Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Deli Manager
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Early mornings, evenings, and weekends
Deli Clerks are responsible for the production and safe handling of food, maintaining department cleanliness, and providing excellent customer service to customers/ members, coworkers, and vendors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining Los Alamos Co+op standards, solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of customer service;
- Respond promptly and courteously to all customer questions and complaints and work hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions;
- Maintain working knowledge of items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customers.
- Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy;
- Stocks, rotates, prepares product according to department procedure;
- Maintain back-stock areas according to departmental standards, separate special orders, updates, and files paperwork;
- Ensure department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met;
- Follow all Health Department regulations;
- Keep deli manager informed of any problems and/or ideas;
- Participate in team, staff, and other meetings as scheduled;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Willing to learn.
- Knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide excellent, professional customer service.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
|Lift/Carry10 lbs or less||C|
|Manually Manipulate||F||51-100 lbs||F|
|Reach Outward||C||Over 100 lbs||O|
|Reach Above Shoulder||F|
|Climb Crawl||O||Push/Pull12 lbs or less||C|
|Squat or Kneel||F||13-25 lbs||C|
Grocery store and warehouse environment.
Please apply by coming into the store, by emailing an application or your resume to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through this link.