Grocery Truck Receiver & Team Member
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Grocery Manager
Grade/Level: 2 Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular Positions
Pay: Starting at $13.00/ hr.
Must be available early mornings for truck receiving on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; Must be available some evenings and weekends depending on receiving schedule.
The Grocery Team at LACM is hiring for a truck receiver/ grocery clerk to stock and receive product, pull product from the backstock area, check product dates, front, face, and keep the shelves looking clean and attractive. Good communication, ability to work quickly and effectively, willingness to work with a team, and self-motivation skills are essential. Must be available to receive our main truck deliveries as early as 4:00 am.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
1. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every single customer, maintaining Los Alamos Co+op standards, solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of customer service.
2. Respond promptly and courteously to all customer questions and complaints and work hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interaction.
3. Maintain working knowledge of items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customer.
4. Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy.
5. Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to departments procedure.
6. Maintain back-stock areas according to departmental standards, separate special orders, updates, and files paperwork.
7. Ensure department sanitation, cleanliness, and safety standards are met.
8. Follow all health department regulations.
9. Keep grocery manager informed of any problems or concerns.
10. Participate in team staff and store meetings as scheduled.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Detail Oriented: Ability to work quickly and efficiently while paying close attention to details.
• Customer Oriented: Must be willing to assist customers and give the best customer service possible.
• Reliable: Must be punctual and able to follow through with given tasks.
• Communicative: Must be able to express ideas, concerns, or any other communications effectively and respectfully.
• Sense of Urgency: Ability to complete assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment with self-direction and motivation.
• Safety Awareness: Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety and follow all safety regulations as outlined by OSHA.
• Resource Management (People & Equipment): Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials.
• Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to be able to ask for help to do so.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs. or less C
Carry 11-20 lbs C
Carry 21-50 lbs F
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder F
Climb Crawl O
12 lbs or less C
12-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs F
Over 100 lbs O
Squat or Kneel F
Grocery store and warehouse environment.
Employee Signature: Date:
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Contact: Amy the Grocery Manager with an application and resume.